Sunday, September 24, 2006

hen party surprise!

Blue Magnolia
439 Macpherson Road
Tel: 6284 4227
Opening Hours: Tues - Fri (11am - 8pm) & Sat - Sun (9am - 5pm)
Website:
http://www.bluemag.net

Cupcake Momma
Website:
http://www.cupcake-momma.net/

I attended my first ever hen party last night. One of my close pals from uni, L is getting married next month. Seems a little early for a hen party but we didn't have a choice considering that she now lives in a neighbouring country and it's not so easy to book an appointment with her these days. It was pretty sweet getting all her close friends she knew from different stages in her life together for this. Never ever under estimate the power of Friendster for it comes in handy in situations like this.


My uni gang was only supposed to be in charge of the gift last night but ended up having to arrange for food too. Imagine the horror when Ling and myself realised 24 hours before last night that the ICs for food were only preparing a Lana cake and some boxes of sushi for 16 people! I must say that I'm quite proud of what we did cos everything was so last minute. Reminded me of the times when we used to plan last minute surprise bday parties in uni. Guess those years really paid off. So we made many phonecalls and got rejected by so many people but thank goodness, Ling managed to find Cupcake Momma who was willing to make us some pretty cupcakes and Blue Magnolia to provide some delicious finger foods.














It's perfect timing that I'm writing this cos Cupcake Momma was featured in the papers today. Cupcakes seem to be the 'in' thing now and I'm dying to try those from C-cup but anyways, the ones we had were so pretty!! They tasted pretty good too except that I've never been that big on icing, whipped cream that sorta things so I couldn't appreciate much of that beautiful looking butter cream icing on the top. It was different for Ling though. She had to stop herself from eating another cos she was worried about eating all that icing!














The finger food we got from Blue Magnolia wasn't too bad as well. I especially liked their Chicken Pie, Azuki Green Tea Cake and the Tuna Vol-au-Vent. The plus point was that service was really good. Managed to speak to a guy called Danny whom I think is the owner and he was very helpful and keen on giving suggestions which I really appreciated after all the rejections I got phonecalls earlier.

I think we all had a lot of fun last night. Lots of laughter was going around, and tears flowed in the case of L cos she was so touched by our surprise. I'm just glad we managed to pull off the whole thing cos it was really huge thing to plan for. I'm not going to go into all the details of the other stuff that we did. So for a very interesting account of all the fun things; sabo and gifts, you can have a read at Ling's.

No comments:

Post a Comment