Friday, August 08, 2008

a new spot. privé bakery café.

privé bakery café
No. 2 Keppel Bay Vista
Marina at Keppel Bay
Tel: 65 6776 0777
Website: http://www.prive.com.sg










Having heard good comments about this place brought me there one fine Sat afternoon with D. As we drove on the bridge, crossing from the mainland to Keppel Island made me feel like I was going somewhere faraway. Somewhat anyways. 

True enough, it did feel like I wasn't in Singapore when I found my seat at the bakery cafe. Just 10 minutes before, I was getting irritated with the crowd at VivoCity. 10 minutes later, I'm sitting down, taking in the breeze and enjoying the tranquility of the surroundings. I liked that.

Food is rather reasonably priced, clean and simple. I had a Chicken & Mushroom Pie which I thought was delicious. The pastry, always my favourite part of a pie, was crispy yet light and fluffy. They were also pretty generous with the ingredients in the pie.













This is a perfect hangout spot especially for girly talk. Might be quite inconvenient if one doesn't drive though cos it is a distance to walk to the island. Of course you also have to cross your fingers that you don't get seated next to loud talking aunties/uncles or someone who takes off his shoes and starts scratching it cos that will just totally throw everything out the window. 

Lucky for me, I was about to leave when that started. So I say this now. I will be back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment