Sunday, June 14, 2009

easy peasy potato salad.

I finally made it to my pasta and risotto make-up class after 6 months today. Class was fun and I did learn a couple of new things but I'm probably going to stay away from pasta for a while. Anyway, I couldn't have a proper dinner after all the food during the class and since Mum needed something to eat, I whipped up a simple potato salad.

Potato Salad (serves 2)














Ingredients
5 medium sized potatoes
8 small pink radishes, thinly sliced
3 tbsp light sour cream or crème fraîche

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1½ tsp lemon juice
chives, chopped
mint leaves, chopped
salt
pepper

  • Boil potatoes in salted boiling water under tender.
  • Run the boiled potatoes under cool running water and remove the skin. Cut the potatoes into large cubes.
  • Mix the sour cream with the olive oil and lemon juice. Coat the mixture evenly over the potatoes.
  • Add the sliced radish, chopped chives and mint leaves and mix well.
  • Season with salt and pepper.

2 comments: