Saturday, July 08, 2006

a scoop full of goodness.

The Daily Scoop
41 Sunset Way
#01-04 Clementi Arcade
Tel: 6463 3365
Website:
http://www.thedailyscoop.com.sg

OK. The Daily Scoop isn't helping me out much on the "diet" section but I love their ice cream! I think in the past 2 months or so, I've been there so many times. If you're thinking daily then no, not that often. However, considering that I live in a totally different area on the island and that I'm on a diet (I'll be honest, I've been on a diet since I was 15), 5 to 6 times is often enough I think.

So what do I love at this place? I've tried a couple of flavours like the Ginger Crumble, Durian, Cempedak. I've did tastings of Cha which is a earl grey sherbet and the Peach Bum; a peach yoghurt. Actually I think the Durian flavour is quite good. It tastes like the durian filling from the durian puffs except with less pulp. I just had it last night with their bitter chocolate cone. Very nice...

But...of all the tastings I had, the winner to me is the Lychee Martini flavour! It's a concoction that has Lychee (obviously!) and vodka. Nope. I'm not an alcoholic. In fact, you can hardly taste much of the vodka in it. I just like the light fragrance of the lychee, the creaminess and the bits of canned lychee in it. My mum and sis are big fans too. So... when I was at The Daily Scoop again yesterday, I bought a whole 700g tub home! I don't think it'd last long though. The last time I bought one half the size, I only had like 2 scoops of it. The rest of it was devoured by Mum, sis and her gal pal.
















I encourage anyone who's reading this to give this place a try. The waffles are really good too, crisp and light. The serving guys's really helpful with giving tips on what ice cream goes with what. Prices are reasonable too. Only problem though is the location. It's right deep in Sunset Way. So unless you're ok to walk from the main road or take a cab, it's probably neccessary to have a car.

So for now, I just have to reach into my fridge for MY daily scoop. In fact, I'm going to do that rightaway. *lick*

2 comments:

  1. hi there. i am a representative from zando and my company is extremely interested in getting you onboard as one of our case studies for the zando platinum, which is one of the best slimming product on the market. We think you will be most suited to convey our company's message to the numerous hopeless.. opps i mean hopeful dieters out there. Please do not hesitate, contact me at ineedtolosethattummy@zando.com. All the best.

    ReplyDelete