Friday, December 22, 2006

a gift of christmas

Apologies for the lack of updates. December's been a crazy month for me. Finally managed to catch a breather today so I'm back here writing. I didn't miss out on taking loads of photos though but now I'm way behind on uploading them so bear with me over the next week or so.

I've been so busy this month that I've hardly had the time to buy presents for loved ones. Only today did I manage to get cute gingerbread figurines and cakes for my colleagues (thanks to Ling for the idea)! I initially kept this year's list strictly to gift exchanges only but it just felt weird not getting anything for colleagues especially when everyone gets super enthusiastic about giving little tokens at this time of the year. I can't just be accepting right??! I bought some of my gingerbread from Goodwood Park as recommended by Ling and some from Marriott simply cos Goodwood Park ran out and I was too lazy to walk from one place to another. I haven't tried them though. I hope they're nice.














Speaking of nice, I received a nice surprise from the 2 guys in the office this afternoon. I really appreciate them a lot in the first place cos their presence and easy-going personalities have really livened up the corner I sit in. J has gone to join another department and E is the only "thorn" among the roses these days but we still have our fun nonetheless. Well, the surprise came when J brought up a cute ice cream log cake from Swensen's. Apparently the 2 of them had bought this as a Christmas gift for the rest of the gals in the corner! I was super touched by their nice gesture. I wasn't having the best day today too and it really helped to cheer me up a little.














They chose quite a peculiar flavour though; bubblegum. It was like the rainbow paddlepop ice cream if you know what I mean. Frankly, I have never been a fan of bubblegum flavoured things but this cake was ok if eaten with the biscuits on the side. Odd on the first bite but gets better as you go through it.














Actually what's most important was the thought they had put into it and because of that, it was probably the best cake I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment