Friday, March 16, 2012

breakfast at orto trading co.

Orto Trading Co.
38 Waterloo St
Surry Hills, NSW 2010
Tel: +61 (0)431 212 453
Website: http://www.ortotradingco.com.au/


If you’ve been following for a while, you’d know that I like a good breakfast. R and I sometimes lament about how it gets pretty similar after a while especially after having magnificent and creative breakfasts in Melbourne. So when I caught wind that Orto Trading Co. was going to open for breakfast, I went online, perused their menu and quickly proceeded to put them on my ‘to go’ list. 


Hot-smoked fillet of ocean trout with heirloom tomato bruschetta,
fresh lime and a poached egg 

I really enjoyed breakfast and could possibly make it my “regular” brekkie/brunch spot. Apart from the eggs being slightly over and a little missed bone, I really loved the ocean trout although R didn’t fancy the coldness of it. When it arrived on the table, the colours just looked so appetising. It might be weird for some to have fish in the morning but hey, it’s like having a whole chunk of smoked salmon! And technically, since I can eat Nasi Lemak in the morning for breakfast anyway, fish for breakfast? Not a problem!


Boston baked beans served with maple glazed pearl onions,
chorizo and a poached egg

R’s order of Boston baked beans was a hearty start to his morning. Again, eggs were slightly overdone but the dish was nonetheless tasty and made a good breakfast option. I love the space that Orto is in and on a day with good weather, it’s lovely to sit in the outdoor courtyard and watch the world go by. I’ll definitely be returning to Orto for breakfast again soon and considering that the food is pretty decent, a dinner at Orto should be making its way on my ‘to go’ list… right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment