Thursday, November 14, 2013

New York Eats: Shake Shack

Shake Shack
New York
For the list of outlets, visit http://www.shakeshack.com/home

Shack Burger & Cheese Fries

Who doesn't love a good burger? I know I do. And if you're familiar at all with the "burger scene" in the US, you'd know Shake Shack. Some people might disagree but I'd say this is the East Coast's answer to In-N-Out Burger.
 
R had raved about Shake Shack probably since the first time we met. If New York ever came up, it was hard to avoid mentioning Shake Shack's juicy, greasy goodness. So I knew we were headed there without looking at the itinerary but what I didn't expect was to have it twice in the 7 days we were in that city.
 
 
The first visit was to the outlet at Madison Square Park. That was a "snack" we had after dinner. Granted we didn't eat a particular heavy meal before but when you add up what we already had been having since we left our hotel in the morning, it was quite crazy for both R and I each to wolf down a burger. And cheese fries.
 
I could see why R had been raving for years about Shake Shack's burgers the moment I sank my teeth in. And not just him actually - the friends who were with him on that New York trip years ago rave just as much whenever the topic of burgers come up. It had everything I loved about a good burger - lots of grease, juicy patties, gooey American cheese, tasty sauce and soft burger buns to hold them all of it together. And that was just the ShackBurger; a cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato and the signature ShackSauce. 
 
 
Our second visit was to the Theatre District outlet on 8th Avenue. I couldn't get enough so we had to squeeze another round of burgers in between. This time around, I chose to try a different burger - the Double SmokeShack with Extra Cheese which is a cheeseburger topped with applewood smoked bacon, chopped cherry peppers and the uber tasty ShackSauce. It was rather spicy and still really enjoyable with the ShackSauce holding everything together but what really clinched the deal was the extra oozy gooey cheese! Having said that, I'd still go back to the classic ShackBurger anytime, but with extra cheese.. always.
 
Foreground: Double SmokeShack with Extra Cheese
Background: Double ShackBurger
 
Unless you hate burgers (why would you?!), you'd be crazy not to visit Shake Shack if you're in the Big Apple. And even if you really dislike patties between 2 buns, Shake Shack might just change your mind, especially if you go with extra cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment