Sunday, October 17, 2010

fouratefive & a short visit to surry hills.

Four Ate Five
485 Crown Street
Surry Hills, Sydney
Tel: 612 9698 6485


Today was one of the most beautiful days Sydney has had in a while in my opinion. The skies were a nice shade of blue, the sun was up and the air was cool (although a tad too windy). It was also a perfect day to visit Surry Hills cos the neighbourhood comes alive on the weekends. You'd see hip, young and fashionable people having their cuppa at a cafe or walking their cute little pups. I love the vibe of this neighbourhood and love it even more cos many good restaurants and cafe call Surry Hills home.



The main reason for making the trip to Surry Hills today was to visit Four Ate Five which won the Best Cafe award by Sydney Time Out magazine in 2010. If you're wondering why they're called Four Ate Five, it's cos of their address (485, geddit?). Although it was the famous creamed corn dish which prompted my visit, I ended up ordering the Mexican Breakfast which consisted of homemade mexican beans served with bread, tomato and avocado salsa, rocket leaves and 2 sunny side ups. I even ended up throwing in a serve of bacon on the side.


I loved every single bit of it. The rocket leaves were an excellent complement to the tomato sauce beans and the saltiness of the bacon. I can never resist a good hearty breakfast (even though I had this for lunch) and I'm definitely coming back again for more next time.

I spent the rest of the afternoon checking out the little quirky shops around the area and couldn't help noticing the kids who were at the playground. It was a lovely sight seeing the little girls being pushed by their daddies on the swings.

 
If only those swings came in my size.

No comments:

Post a Comment