Monday, January 02, 2006

out with the old, in with the new

Can't believe how time flies. New Year's just come and gone. Having said that, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope 2006 will be a year of delicious feastings for everyone. Oh... and a big big HAPPY BIRTHDAY DI & DA! They're another symbol of how time flies cos I've known them since I was 7. Do the math to see how long it's been. Anyways, I am not old. I just had to say that.

So Mum decided to have this party today and called on relatives and colleagues at work. I didn't even know that the party was going to be this huge but it was cos she cooked up quite a storm today. Basically there was prime rib, roast turkeys, bone-in ham, caesar salad for the western side. Mum planned a Nonya theme this time so we had fried ngoh hiang, itek shio, assam prawns, kueh pie tee etc. Dessert was also quite sumptious cos sis baked a cake, we had bread and butter pudding plus pulot hitam. Thank goodness some of my aunties packed some food home otherwise, I'd be having the same food for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next few days. Here's some pics of the food that was served tonight.



























I just wish I had some of that talent Mum has at cooking. It really isn't easy although it's lotsa fun. I've been thinking about inviting a big group of friends to my place where I become chef for one day instead of my mum. I'm still honing my skills so until then, my friends will have to wait.

For my friends who love my mum's cooking but missed it today, Chinese New Year is just around the corner. Be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment